The 2015 Florida Communities of Excellence Awards is on track to have more communities participate than ever, with more financial support from the industry and more opportunities for your community to be recognized.
With the deadline just weeks away, if you haven’t submitted your entry, now’s the time. Just follow these steps:
- Download and review the PDF with the questions for all of the categories.
- Enter your information online. Note that you can start your entry and, if needed, save your work and complete it later. The deadline is midnight on January 31, 2015.
- Have questions? Check this FAQ.
- Still have questions? Let them know.
In addition to underwriting the event and participating on the Advisory Council, professionals throughout Florida also support the awards by volunteering as judges.
As we begin the year, they’re welcoming these new judges:
- Robin Grantham, Senior Communications Coordinator, Southwest Florida Water Management District
- Rose G. Johnson, Associate Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, Family! magazine
- Jordan Trachtenberg, Adjunct Professor, Department of Architecture, Florida International University
- Aaron Gallaher, Communication Director, Florida Division of Emergency Management
Russian dramaturge Anton Chekhov once said, “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” Brett Furman, Broker/Owner of REMAX Classic in St. Davids, Pennsylvania (BrettFurman.com), fully agrees with Mr. Chekhov. Furman offers the following 10 maintenance tips to help keep your home in tip-top shape…and make you happy!
1. Clean and seal decks.
2. Hire a certified chimney sweep to inspect and clean chimneys.
3. Wash the exterior of your home using a garden hose and a mild detergent.
4. Check all exterior walls for peeling or cracked paint.
5. Inspect brick or masonry siding for cracks or missing mortar.
6. Inspect roofing for loose shingles and cracks.
7. Check out the operation of your automatic light timers and motion detector systems.
8. Prune trees and shrubs to keep branches from exterior siding.
9. Clean and repair cracks in concrete driveways using epoxy patching material.
10. Inspects foundation walls for signs of termites.
“These 10 home maintenance tips are certainly a start to getting your house spic and span for late summer…and beyond,” says Furman.
For more information on keeping your home well-maintained and other useful tips for selling your home, visit BrettFurman.com or www.homesellerhandbook.com